Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Books I'm reading for the present

Mark is the only post on what to read next. There was mention previously, undocumented of course, between Paul and Sam to the ends of reading God is the Gospel by John Piper. Since Mark is so adament and I have two copies let's read Deliberate Church next. Until those all come in and we get started here's what I'm digging into and where you can get a taste.

1. The Race Set Before Us: A Biblical Theology of Perseverance & Assurance, Thomas R. Schreiner & Ardel B. Caneday

If someone disagreeing with John MacArthur is just like someone talking bad about your momma I would stay away. No, I would encourage. They are very graceful and biblical (aka I think they're right).


Check out Tom Schreiner (sermons and writings) here: http://www.theopedia.com/Thomas_Schreiner

2. Sex and the Supremacy of Christ, edited by John Piper and Justin Taylor

I'm not too far in but if you want a better explanation for biblical sexuality than what masquarades for an explanation in most of our churches than check this one out.


3. War of Words, Paul David Tripp

If you want to learn to talk to your wife, kids, friends, pastors, deacons, in a way that glorifies God then you need to check this one out. Angela and I are reading it together and moaning about how often it nails us right in the heart of our communication struggles.


4. Genesis Commentaries
5. Hebrews Commentaries

I would list those but dinner is on the table!
Paul

No comments: