Friday, September 15, 2006

Teens and Media

I'll confess up front that the incompassing use of media in todays teens surprises me (and I'm 27)! Web cams, My Space, camera phones, text messages, blogs, mp3 players, and whatever is coming tomorrow is consuming our teen culture. And when I say 'consuming' I am using a negative reference.

Last night Angela and I watched the end of the ABC Primetime special on Mean Teens. Here is a snipet video from the show. YOU ARE WARNED the language used is not your Sunday morning straighten up you're in church language. I normally would not link to this but a daughter in the house has called me to action.


Primetime Webcast: The Teenage Girl
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2436321

Please, Please, Please follow the link connected to "Teens and Media" above and listen to the biblical response by Al Mohler president of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Besides, if you tithe to a SBC church you're helping to pay his salary.

Paul

No comments: