Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A Relation of the Imprisonment of John Bunyan

What impresses me about Bunyan's imprisonment is his persistent kindness. From his account there is no trace of anger or bitterness over the trial. Instead there is the aire of trust in God.

I wonder in my disputes and trials how often there is an overpowering aire of trust in God? Better yet; how often do I trust God enough to be patient in trails? My anger, bitterness, and sulking days afterwards display everything but trust in God.

But Bunyan wasn't all smiles while in prison. His agony over separation from his wife and family were great. He clearly did not enjoy his imprisonment but clearly handled it with his eyes fixed on the author and perfector of his faith. I wonder how many John Bunyans there are today?

Paul

No comments: