Thursday, January 18, 2007

Daily Reading January 18

http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/one.year.tract/

Father, you have rescued me and you have forgiven me! And there is so much to be forgiven. If I only think of this morning and yesterday there is a mountain of laziness instead of obedience that needs to be moved. Give me faith to trust in Your promises instead of my works. Give me faith to trust in You and not in my repentence. Show me my forgiveness in You that I may be ready to forgive others. Lord you truly are amazing. If anyone should hold a grudge it's You and not me but I do it and you don't! Repentence based on the work of Christ brings reconciliation with You. Teach me to do the good work of forgiveness and grace giving that those around me may see You in me and glorify You and not me. Lord, there is so much for You to do in me. Remind me constantly that Christ is my only hope for now and for the future. Ground me constantly in His work that I may be faithful to do Your work. Draw near to me.

In Christ
Amen

No comments: