Tuesday, January 16, 2007

January 16th Daily Bible Reading

What a blessing it is to read Scripture and what a joy it is to pray in response. I have a plan (let's see if it works) to post a brief prayer for each weekday, and some weekends, in connection with the daily reading.

www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/one.year.tract/

Father, teach me to set my mind on Your interests so that Your interests shape and replace my interests. Abraham laughed at your promises and offered his better way. Peter grew angry at your plan and wanted to oppose the thought of it. God I do the same. I don't want to deny myself I want to embrace and strengthen my self. I don't want to pick up my cross I want to pick up the remote while I read blogs. I don't want to follow you I want to stay where I am.

God give me a vision of you. God awaken a dry soil to the satisfying joys of Christ, His cross, and His way. Lord you are good and so merciful to me. Do not let me miss the point of your teaching. You are the Almighty. You reveal truth. Reveal the truth of Christ to me that I and your church may grow. Reveal the truth of Christ to me and your church that we may make progress against the kingdom of Satan. May we be gate crashers instead of pew warmers by your strength and for your glory.

We praise you for Christ our all sufficient Savior
Amen

No comments: