Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday January 22 Daily Reading & Prayer

http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/one.year.tract/

My Lord and My God, what an amazing day you gave us yesterday to gather as your people. You have done so much for us. You have done everything for us. The young and old, the rich and poor, they are all one people because of Christ. You truly do great things!

Ephron was like you, generous and ready to give. Teach us to be like You as we follow the example of Ephron the giver. Teach us Lord to be like You as we follow the example of Christ. He invited everyone to come to the wedding feast. He invited everyone to enter the kingdom of heaven but some are not worthy and do not want to come. God make me worthy. God put in me the desire to feast with You and Your people in the kingdom. Lord, you tell us 'Many are called but few are chosen' (Matt 22:14). Number me among the chosen.

Do not number me among those who desire to trick others. Do not number me among those who do not know the Scripture nor the power of God. Lord I want to know You. Lord I want to know Your power but there is so much sin in my life. There is little faith where there should be great faith. I get caught up on opinions and appearances. Wash me from the sin that clings so closely to my heart that I may know Your Scripture and Your power. Do in me and do in this church what only You can do- bring restoration, unity, and usefulness. Bring Your power through Your Word to convict me of my sin and cleanse me from all unrighteousness.

Thank you for Christ who is the pure sacrifice for my sins and the pure righteousness that you require of me. Lead me.

In Christ
Amen

No comments: