Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Wednesday January 24

Daily Bible Reading- http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/one.year.tract/

My God, You are Lord over nations, life, death, families, descendents, tribulation, and Christ's coming. There are things You know that no one else knows. Your knowledge is too great for us. Your ways are beyond our comprehension. Show me more of who You are. I join in with the prayer of John the Baptist, "You must increase and I must decrease." I pray it knowing that all that is good within me is because of You and Your work. All that is evil and damaging to the Kingdom within me is because of me and my work. Lord, please increase.

Increase so much in me and in my life that I do not fear struggles and difficulties. May wars and famines and earthquakes focus me on You and being a faithful servant of Your Kingdom. Forgive me for losing my focus. Forgive me for worrying more about how the war in Iraq effects me and my family's future more than how You can work this for the good.

The fig tree of the times points to the nearness of Your coming. May I and your church not be like those in the days of Noah who were unaware and careless. May I and your church not be like the wicked servant who wasted life on luxuries that lead only to death. Lord, You are speaking to us through Your Word. Give us ears to hear and strength to be found faithful. Give us Christ our blessed Lord and only Savior.

Through Him
Amen

No comments: