Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Can you believe this guy?

But though we had already suffered and been shamefully treated at Philippi, as you know, we had boldness in our God to declare to you the gospel of God in the midst of much conflict.

For you know how, like a father with his children, we exhorted each one of you and encouraged you and charged you to walk in a manner worthy of God, who calls you into his own kingdom and glory.

Great Father of mercies, give me boldness. Give Your church boldness. Though I suffer and though I be shamefully treated I pray for strength to declare Your gospel even in conflict. I pray for strength to declare Your gospel especially in conflict. Do not let me shy away from what is important. Do not let me sacrifice what is true for what is easy. Give me a hunger for Your gospel and a willingness to humbly defend it. And Lord I pray for gentleness. Too often I swing from cowardice to brutal pride. Make my exhortation, encouragement, and charge to Your people like that of a father to his children. Give me boldness and give me gentleness. Give me the mind of Christ. He is my glorious Savior and my perfect example. Christ is my all in all. Christ is worth my all. May I stand firm for Him.

In His name
Amen

No comments: