Friday, October 12, 2007

The struggle

I think we struggle so much in our lives physically and spiritually because we are not dedicated to struggling for others. Because our energies are not funneled correctly those energies end up being consumed in an ineffective manner. Think of Paul's words in Colossians 2:1-3

For I want you to know how great a struggle I have for you and for those at Laodicea and for all who have not seen me face to face, 2 that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, which is Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

As Christians, and if you are reading this, it's safe to assume there is some level of effort on your behalf to grow yourself spiritually. That is a very good thing. Do you want to step up that growth? Do you want to bear even great fruit? Struggle for someone else. Give yourself to encouraging someone in Christ. Serve and give so that it will lead to the knitting together of the church body in love. Speak of Christ and teach His gospel so that others will reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and knowledge of Christ. Find the treasure map and take someone with you as your pursue all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Pursue Christ.

Why Christ?

9 For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, 10 and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. 11 In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead. 13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, 14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. 15 He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.

Father, show me who You want me to serve and struggle and sacrifice for. Show me who You want me to pour my energies into. Give me the energy to follow Your will. I want to know You. I want others to know You. I want to grow in Christ and I want my knowledge of Him to be fruitful. I don't want to waste my life or the opportunities You give me. I have been given wonderful gifts in Your Son: spiritual circumcision, baptism, the resurrection, new life, total forgiveness, all debts canceled, and removal from the rule of Satan. Your Son and His cross are amazing! Thank You Father. Send me to people and bring people to me who need to hear and grow in the truth of Christ.

Use me Father for Christ
Amen

No comments: