Monday, October 01, 2007

We'd have nothing without Him

As I read through Ephesians 1 this morning my need for Christ became evident again. These are the things that I have only in Christ. We're it not for Him none of this would be mine
  1. Every spiritual blessing (v.3)
  2. I have been chosen in Christ (v.4)
  3. My election is for the purpose of being like Christ- holy and blameless (v.4)
  4. I have been predestined for adoption through Jesus Christ (v.5)
  5. I have grace because of the purpose of God's will and to His praise (v.5&6)
  6. In Christ I have redemption through His blood (v.7)
  7. In Christ I have forgiveness of my trespasses (v.7) and this not according to works but according to the riches of God's grace
  8. God has lavished grace upon me (v.8)
  9. God has made known to me the mystery of His will, according to His purpose, which He set forth in Christ (v.9)
  10. In Christ I have obtained an inheritance (v.11&14)
  11. Because of Christ I now exist for the praise of Christ (v.12)
  12. In Christ I have been sealed with the promised Holy Spirit (v.13)

So what do we do now? We pray for and seek a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Christ (v.17). The fruitful Christian life can only be lived as we seek to know Christ more. Fruitfulness is tied directly to abiding in Christ. We do not know hope aside from daily abiding in Christ. We do not know the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints aside from abiding in Christ. We do not know the immeasurable greatness of his power or the working of his great might aside from abiding in Christ.

Father, enlighten my eyes to see Your greatness today. I want to see Jesus. I want to be changed I want to live a life that is to Your praise. I want to worship Christ Jesus with all that I do. Constantly remind me of what Christ has done and what I have in Him. Do not let me grow prideful thinking I deserve Your gifts or I have earned some blessing. Lord, I need a passion for Christ. I need a strong heart so that I may love strongly. I need my Brother's heart. Father, make me more like my Brother. Focus the eyes of my heart on what is true and what is best. Raise up Your church to be what You call it to be. Raise us up to be the outworking of Christ's rule on this earth. Help us God.

In Christ's Name

Amen

No comments: