Friday, October 19, 2007

We Belong to the Day

1 Thessalonians 5:8-11, "But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation. 9 For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing."

Our Father in heaven, I pray today that we would be sober minded. Give us wisdom and give us discernment. I know the aim of ministry is love that issues from a pure heart, a good conscience, and a sincere faith. Show me how to put these things on every day so that I might be the man You call me to be. I want to walk worthy of You. I want to please You and I want to be used by You. Give me the hope of salvation. Set my eyes on the return of Christ and His great day. I know You did not destine me for wrath but to obtain salvation through Christ. He died for the church so that if we are dead or alive we will all live with Him. Show us that great life. Help us to encourage each other. Do not let me spend on my self but on others. Use me today my great King.

In Jesus' name
Amen

No comments: