Monday, July 30, 2007

And God Listened

What an amazing statement from Judges 13:9, 'And God listened to the voice of Manoah, and the angel of God came again to the woman as she sat in the field.' I pray that we will all be captivated by the wonder of the fact that God listens to us. He listens to us and in His good wisdom and providence answers our requests. Let us pray that God will raise us a new group of Bereans. May we see everyone around us as part of God's creation and in need of redemption. May we be quick to rush the gospel to them. May God grant them hearts that search the Scriptures and in conjunction with faithful preaching bring about salvation. The church desperately needs more people like Barnabas that are full of encouragement and the church desperately needs more people like Paul that are ready to preach with faithfulness.

My great God, thank You for listening to my voice. I know it is only because of the work of my Savior that I desire to pray and it is only because of the righteousness of Christ that You hear me when I pray. He is my all in all and You sent Him for me. Thank you Father. Please hear me as I pray for men and women who will take joy and persevere in encouragement. May you raise them up from among us. Please hear me as I pray for men and women who will study the gospel fo Jesus Christ faithfully and proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ faithfully. Help us to make the most of every opportunity. Help us to make the most of every day. May the good gifts You have given through Your Spirit not be wasted. Show me Your will and give me the strength to follow it.

Through Christ
Amen

No comments: