Saturday, July 07, 2007

They did not ask

Joshua 9:14 So the men took some of their provisions, but did not ask counsel from the Lord. 15 And Joshua made peace with them and made a covenant with them, to let them live, and the leaders of the congregation swore to them.

Psalm 141:8 But my eyes are toward you, O God, my Lord; in you I seek refuge; leave me not defenseless!

Satan is the master deceiver and those who are not God's people are useful to Satan. From the Gibeonites to the slanderer with mischievious lips all oppose God and do the Devil's will. Our response is not to let go and let God. Instead our response must be to set our eyes on Jesus. It is to be intentional in prayer.

Psalm 141:3 Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips! 4 Do not let my heart incline to any evil, to busy myself with wicked deeds in company with men who work iniquity, and let me not eat of their delicacies!

Lord, do not let me be tricked by words that appear to be full of wisdom but are really full of death. Let me hear the words of life instead of poisonous words. Guard my mouth from speaking venomous words. Keep my heart from leaving Your holy center and tilting toward any evil. Guard my schedule. Do not let my feet fall into the trap of Godless business. Show me the glory of Your will that I might not fall in with men who love wicked deeds and work iniquity. Don't let my mind be tricked into believing their lies of delight. Let my mind feed on the delicacies of Christ and His truth. May I be consumed with You and not be tricked by men.

Amen

No comments: