Friday, September 21, 2007

Boast

2 Corinthians 10:17&18 “'Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.' 18 For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends."

When is the last time you boasted in the Lord? When is the last time you pointed to the glory of your Redeemer? Do we cherish the powerful and life giving work of Christ for us or do we cherish how well we can complete some job?

What we value we talk about. It has amazed me how much God has grown me spiritually since becoming a pastor years ago. My growth in the pastorate has been far greater than my growth during seminary. Those days where days of boasting in myself and boasting in theologians. These have become days of learning to boast in Christ. Those were days of learning to defend truth. These have become days seeking to know Christ who is the Truth. It is not for me to boast in accomplishments. It is not for me to boast in knoweldge. It is my joy to boast in Christ.

Father, I thank You for Christ. I come to You in prayer only because of Christ. I will come to You in death only because of Christ. You are my Father and my Savior only because I belong to Christ. Thank You my King and I pray that You will use me so that others will boast in Christ. I want others to know the joy of forgiveness and hope. I want others to know the strengthening and convicting power of the Spirit. Lord use me I pray so that others will see Your glory.

In Jesus' name
Amen

No comments: