Monday, September 10, 2007

The Resurrection

1 Corinthians 15:32, "If the dead are not raised, 'Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die.'”

If there is no resurrection we should live like the world. If there is no resurrection we should not exercise faith we should live quietly doing nothing of eternal significance. If there is no resurrection we should never attempt the difficult or engage the enemy. Simply put, if there is no resurrection we should live like we are living. But if there is a resurrection:

54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”55 “O death, where is your victory?O death, where is your sting?” 56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

Father, Son, and Spirit give me hope in the resurrection so that I always abound in Your work. Fill my life with You so that my life will sing Your praise and bear fruit for Your kingdom. I don't want to live a wasted life. I don't want to be a part of a church that lives a wasted life. I want to grow. I want Your people to grow. I want Your kingdom to grow. Remove my fear of death by showing me the glory of the resurrection. Remove my fear of adversity by showing me the power of the Spirit and the endurance of Christ. Open my eyes Lord, I want to see Jesus.

For Jesus,
Amen

No comments: