Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Called by Grace

In the Apostle Paul's testimony he mentions being called by God's grace in Galatians 1:15. Verse 16 tells us then that God revealed Jesus Christ to Paul. These two elements must be involved in everyone's conversion. Without them there is no true conversion. We must be called out of darkness. God must draw us to himself. Here, when confronted with the holiness of God we become convicted of sin. God could have left Paul in his sin and selfrighteousness but because of His grace God did not. And God did not leave Paul in helpless conviction of sin. God revealed to Paul the true work of Christ. Paul knew the story of Jesus. He knew the claims of Jesus. The problem is Paul did not believe they were true. He did not believe Jesus was who He said he was. And Paul didn't believe Jesus did what He said he would do. Until the call of grace and the revelation of Christ there is no Christian.

Father, use me this day and all the days of my life to bring people to faith in Christ. Give me boldness with Your Word. I long to see people saved. I want to be a part of You calling people by Your grace. I want to be a part of You revealing the truth of Christ Jesus to the world. Use me today I pray.

In Jesus' name
Amen

No comments: