Saturday, September 01, 2007

For my daughter, Abigail

Father, I pray this morning for the daughter you have given me. I pray for my Abigail. May you make her discerning and beautiful. Please God, send Your Holy Spirit to adorn her with eternal life and true beauty. I long to see Abigail walk with You and know Your perfect Son. I desire to raise her in Your wisdom so that she may know Your will. I want to be a father who is faithful. I want her to know she is loved by her earthly loving but more importantly I want her to know she is loved by You. When difficulties come, be her strength. When young men come, be her beauty. When hard situations come, give her wisdom. Be to her everything that I cannot be. Be to her a true Father. Give me a love for her and a love for Christ that drive me to show her everyday in everyway who You are. Thank you for my Abigail. She truly makes my heart rejoice.

In Christ's name
Amen

No comments: