Monday, December 03, 2007

Abiding not blindness

In 1 John 2 there is a comparison made between those who walk in the light and those who do not. Those who walk in the light are those who the gospel truth abides in as well as those who abide in Christ. To be a Christian is to be fundamentally changed by the good news of Jesus Christ because the Christian has been joined to Christ. This is a supernatural amazing metamorphosis. To not be a Christian is to be blind, unchanged. In 1 John 2 we learn that these people have been blinded by darkness. They do not know that Jesus is the Christ. They do not know that Jesus is righteous.

Like Solomon, those who know Jesus Christ know, "The house that I am to build will be great, for our God is greater than all gods" (2 Chron 2:5). Those who know the greatness of God seek to reflect His greatness in their lives. To do this we must be changed by Jesus Christ, forgiven through Jesus Christ, and abide in Jesus Christ. He is the greatness we need.

Father, today I praise Your great name. I praise the name of Father, Son, and Spirit; three persons and one magnificent God. Show me today the greatness of Jesus Christ. Lead me not into temptation and strengthen my desire to abide in Your Son. I will come into contact today with many people who have been blinded by the darkness. Use me to shine the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ into their lives so that they will be saved. Make me aware of those who are around me. Make me passionate for the needs of those around me. I want to know Christ. I want to honor You. I want people to be saved.

For Christ
Amen

No comments: