Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The prayer of the weak and needy

The churches of Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea were churches who needed Christ. Some needed Christ for strength to continue. Others needed Christ to come and right the wrongs of heart or practice. Either way, their greatest need was to know Jesus Christ.

Father, I am weak and needy. I am prone to sin and choose the easy way. I tend to lay down or stick my head in the sand when it's time to boldly follow You. Wake my soul with Christ! Do not let me be stirred by riches or worldly pleasure. Do not let me wander chasing after self. Open me, stir me, change me so that the desire of my heart is to meet with You. When I'm under the chastening of God give me endurance. When I'm experiencing the blessings of my Father give me humility and gratefulness. I do not want to forget the cross and all the heavenly blessings that are mine. Meet with me today Christ Jesus. Come and eat with me; teach me great and wonderful things.

For Christ
Amen

No comments: