Monday, December 10, 2007

It's all about Him

Today we start reading through the book of Revelation. There is no way I can answer every question and address every issue so I'll leave that amount of detail to your personal study and questions as they surface. What I want to focus on is how to pray in response to God's Word.

Father, I know that the book of Revelation is Your book. It's not John's book. It's not the church's book. It's Your book and it's Your book about Jesus. This is not a book about the tribulation or the church or Israel. Revelation is first and foremost about Jesus. Make me first and foremost about Jesus. Make me like Him in obedience so that I will keep what is written in Revelation. Make me like Jesus who is full of grace and peace. He is the firstborn of the dead and ruler of the kings of the earth. As Christ was always obedient to You make me always obedient to Him and ultimately to all of the Trinity.

I rejoice this morning in the love of Christ. He loves me. He loves his people and I know it because Jesus died to free me from my sin. By dying for me I was freed from my bondage to slavery. I am His kingdom. A Gentile, a sinner, Your enemy, and dead in tresspasses are all characteristics of who I was. Thank You Father that I am no longer those things. I am Your redeemed son.

This morning I praise Jesus Christ. My words cannot do justice to who He is. I pray that my praise is pleasing to You. How can I express my wonder over Christ who is the beginning of all things and the end for which all things exist? He is supreme. Christ walks with me and guides my church. He is royality unlike any earthly king; He's so much greater. Christ is my priest. He is pure. He is the refiner. He is full of power. Christ's word is truth. May I have the awe of the Apostle John who fell like a dead man at the feet of Christ. May I see Christ for who He truly is. May I praise You and know You. I want to know Your power and grace. I want to see Your holiness and feel Your gentle hand.

Christ is my master and my king. He is alive forevermore. He died because of my sin and He lives because of His righteousness. Thank You Father for my great King.

In His Name
Amen

No comments: