Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Praying like Pergamum

Note: according to tradition Antipas, a leader of the church at Pergamum, was roasted to death inside a brass bull during the persecution by Emperor Domitian.

Father, Your Son is both a warrior and a redeemer. He is both strong and gentle. I long to be with Christ because in His gentleness I have been redeemed. The imagery of the sharpest two edged sword is clear: none can defeat Christ. I long for others to be with Christ. I long to see others saved by grace. I do not want to see judgment. I do not want to see judgment fall on those in Mambrino Baptist Church who compromise. Like the error of Balaam and the error of the Nicolaitans let us not love the world or the things of the world. May we be a people who walk in holiness because we are a new creation in Christ Jesus. The war is coming, the head of which is Christ and His terrible sword. May I taste the hidden manna of His eternal promises. May I receive the stone with my new name given by my strong heavenly Father.

For Jesus
Amen

No comments: