Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Always Reforming

The nation of Isreal was under a constant need of consistent reform. This was the produce of two ingrediants sinful humanity and leadership turnover. Mankind has an obvious sin problem that unfortunately tends to taint even our best attempts at obedience over time. Mankind tends to die as well thus forcing new leadership into position. I don't say all this because I'm a pessimist but because I'm a Christian. We need Christ today and we long for Christ's return and His complete reform. Christ is not sinful so we must rely on His leadership. Christ will not die so we must rely on His longevity. Jesus can be trusted. Jesus must be trusted. He will lead the way to faithfulness and He will lead raise up faithful leaders. If you're going to be pessimistic just be sure you don't go too far. Maybe it's time to reform our pessimism.

Father, Your wisdom and glory are my hope. Christ is what I need and what the church needs. He has given us our salvation and He has given us our direction. The cross tells us that we need saving, all those who come to Christ will be saved, and there is glorious work to be done. May I grow today. May I be useful to You today. May Christ's obedience and sacrifice guide my every thought.

In Jesus' name
Amen

No comments: