Monday, June 18, 2007

I better get praising

Psalm 113:3 From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the Lord is to be praised!

Yesterday after church and a good rain there was the most beautiful rainbow in the sky. My 3 year old nephew and I stood at the fence and watched it for some time. I talked to him about God's promises, the promise of the rainbow, and that God can be trusted. We talked about the beauty of God revealed in this world. Jacob was sitting on my shoulder and the conversation ended with the a most profound, "I want down." One day at a time trying to find ways and help others praise God; you win some and you lose some.

Father, from the rising of the sun to its setting You are worthy of my praise. You sent Jesus to be my Savior. You are worthy of praise. You sent the Spirit to be my strength and guide. You are worthy of praise. You are God. You are worthy of praise. May all your children today be struck with wonder at things like rainbows and great things like the cross. May our commutes and lunch breaks and daily grind be moments of praise. Give us strength to pursue You that we may have words of praise to give.

We praise you and pray to you through Christ our Lord
Amen

No comments: