Monday, June 25, 2007

Living is loving

Deuteronomy 30:6 And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your offspring, so that you will love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live.

Moses longed for the day when all the people of God would have circumcized hearts. Joel predicted this day when he told of God's Spirit being poured out on everyone instead of resting on a minority. They understood, and we should, that a changed heart is crucial for life. The circumcized heart is a new heart that has been changed into an obedient heart. Apart from this heart every person is incapable of loving/obeying God. It is not enough to have our thinking changed. It is not enough to believe a set of facts about Jesus is true. We must be given new hearts that are capable of loving God instead of only running from Him. Turn to God this morning with your new heart or cry out to God this morning for a new heart.

Father, I thank You for the heart surgery You performed on me that is so much greater than any heart transplant a doctor may perform on a person today. I thank You because my new heart truly gives life. You have shown me Your value. You speak to me of Your love. Your Spirit affirms my forgiveness and guides me in Your will. Father, please give me an ear to listen to You. Change my priorities so that I may be changed into a person more like Christ. He was always obedient to Your will. He always walked in Your paths and You gave Him great joy even in great difficulty. I want to be a faithful son like Christ the faithful Son.

Help me live like Jesus
Amen

No comments: