Friday, June 08, 2007

Rejoice in the Lord

I want to share what God directed me to in His Word this morning:

The repetition of the call to rejoice in the Lord was a welcome summons to my soul today

Deuteronomy 12:7 And there you shall eat before the LORD your God, and you shall rejoice, you and your households, in all that you undertake, in which the LORD your God has blessed you.

12:12 And you shall rejoice before the LORD your God, you and your sons and your daughters...

12:18 And you shall rejoice before the LORD your God in all that you undertake

Psalm 97:1 The Lord reigns, let the earth rejoice

97:8 Zion hears and is glad, and the daughters of Judah rejoice, because of your judgments, O LORD.

97:12 Rejoice in the Lord, O you righteous, and give thanks to his holy name

Psalm 98:4 Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth; break forth into joyous song and sing praises!

98:6 With trumpet and the sound of the horn make a joyful noise before the King, the LORD!

98:8 Let the rivers clap their hands; let the hills sing for joy together.

My LORD, the great and strong King of all creation. Give me an appetite for you that is quenched only by the joy of Your presence. Free me from sin. Free me from pride. Free me to sing Your praises and worship Your Son. I want to join the earth in praising You. I want to taste the gladness of Zion when it hears. I want to rejoice with the daughters of Judah. Make me righteous that I might rejoice in You; the giver of righteousness by the work of Your Son. As the rivers clap and the hills sing may my life bring You the praise You deserve. My Father, my King, My LORD, and My God I praise you. I praise your Son. I praise your Spirit. The holy God Three in One.

To the Lamb
Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I want to join the earth in praising You."

It is amazing how we have to will ourselves to want to join all of creation in praising The Creator of all!

Thanks for your prayer and your post, I will join you and all of creation in praising My Lord, My Savior, My Redeemer, Jesus the Christ.