Thursday, June 07, 2007

Reasons to Praise

I've compiled a list of reasons given in Psalms 95 & 96 to praise God:

1. He is the rock of our salvation
2. He is a great God
3. He is a great King above all gods
4. In his hand are the depths of the sea
5. In his hand are the heights of the mountains
6. He is our Maker
7. He is our God
8. We are His people and His sheep
9. He is full of glory and marvelous works
10. He is great
11. He is to be feared
12. He made the heavens
13. He is surrounded by splendor, majesty, strength, and beauty
14. He is worthy of glory
15. He is full of holiness
16. He reigns
17. He will judge with equity
18. He comes to judge

Father, do not let me miss the many reasons You are worthy of praise. Help me to slow down and worship. Help me to see Your value and to tell You how valuable You are. Forgive me for being so full of and dedicated to shallow things. Clearly, You are a great God. Clearly, You are the great God. Fill Your people with Yourself. Give us the desire to be like Christ. May our worship of You pierce through every aspect of our lives transforming life. I long to know You and to know Your will. I long to give my life to the Cause worth fighting for. Show me how.

Amen

No comments: