Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The LORD has become my stronghold




Psalm 94:19-22

"When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul. Can wicked rulers be allied with you, those who frame injustice by statute? They band together against the life of righteous and condemn the innocent to death. But the LORD has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge."


By God's grace, Angela and the baby are both doing well. The doctor could not explain what happened on Saturday and the sonogram showed a healthy baby. God has taught me much about seeking Him and loving Him through joy and sorrow. Before we had the sonogram He showed me the strength of His arm, the surety of God my fortress. After the sonogram it was as if the fortress was covered in all manner of banners and joyful music. It was a 3 day progress from strong fortress to strong fortress arrayed with joy.


My God, thank You for being God. I praise You that You are in control and I praise You that man and Satan are not. You are bigger than nations and bigger than wombs. Christ is more precious than health and provides more joy than family. And yet I am amazed at the joy of family provides. Father, You have been mercifuly in teaching me. May I be faithful to learn.


In Christ

Amen

No comments: