Thursday, November 15, 2007

Christianity is about a better and abiding possession

Christianity involves facts, hard absolute truth facts. But Christianity is more than facts. Just knowing the facts does not make someone a Christian. Christianity is about a relationship with the Creator God who is Father, Son, and Spirit. In our reading today we see this relationship causing a real response in the people of God.

Hebrews 10:34&35, "For you had compassion on those in prison, and you joyfully accepted the plundering of your property, since you knew that you yourselves had a better possession and an abiding one. 35 Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward."

These Christians had a relationship with God that stirred their hearts to action and endurance. That's what I want. I want a relationship with Christ that effects my life today and every day. The impact of faith is seen as they rested in the fact that they had a better and abiding possession. This possession is better than houses, possessions, and freedom. They knew Christ, they had forgiveness, they had hope, and all of these in the middle of extreme difficulty. They endured.

Father, I thank You today for Christ. I thank You that He is better than a house. I thank You that Jesus is a better than possessions. I know that my life is more than stuff. I know that Christ is like a pearl of great price and a treasure hidden in the field. Give me joy as I lay all that I am and all that I have at Your feet. Use me and use the things You have given me. Make the facts that I know joy fueling truths that guide all of my life. May my walk with You today be the stuff of a better and abiding possession.

Thank You for Christ
Amen

No comments: