Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Prayer of the Eager

Hebrews 9:27-28, "And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, 28 so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him."

Jesus Christ, my salvation and my joy, I eagerly wait for You. In this world I will have trouble. When I desire to live a holy life I will experience tribulation. Come and put away all trouble. Come and overcome all tribulation by the word of Your power. Strengthen my desires for You. Fan into flame the smoldering wick that often is my affections for You. Drive away the competition. Give me skill with the sword of the spirit that I may put to death the sin that remains and fight for You with strong desire. I long for my faith to be sight. I long to see my Salvation. Come Lord Jesus and save me.

In Your Name
Amen

No comments: