Monday, November 26, 2007

Setting up Success

What strikes me from today's reading is that David set up the next generation to succeed where he could not. God did not allow David to build the temple. David wanted to build the temple but God told him he would not. There was no pouting only preparation. There was no sulking around like a whipped puppy only storing up for Solomon. Part of all or our ministries must involve intentionally setting up the next generation to succeed. We must be thoughtful concerning today and how we can be serve God in the moment. But we must also be thoughtful concerning the future and how we can best equip the next generation to serve after our deaths.

Father, give us eyes that look to the future and give us hearts that love children and the next generation of leadership. Make us zealous for doing good to all people in all situations.
I thank You for this morning's reminder of Christ. He suffered for sins so that I would not have to. The righteous stood in the place of me the unrighteous. He was put to death and rose to new life so that I, being dead in my sins, could rise to new life. Christ lived, served, and died with his eyes on the needs of others. Thank You Father for providing for my needs. Use me to provide for the needs of others.

In Jesus' name
Amen

No comments: