Saturday, November 03, 2007

Why did Jesus die?

Jesus "gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works" (Titus 2:14).

Jesus gave himself willingly and totally in order to redeem us. He is our ransom (1 Timothy 2:6) paid to the Father in order to bring us to the Father (1 Peter 3:18). The wondrously invisible and inaccessible God full of love sent His Son in order to redeem me. From ages past God uttered the decree that I would be His child. Though full of lawlessness and in need of purifying, though an enemy, God sent His Son for me. And the Son died.

The Son died for me securing my redemption. I was bought with a great price (1 Corinthians 6:20; 7:23), the life of Jesus. I am not my own. I belong to God. I've been purchased for the King. It is now my life's song to live for my Savior. I am to be a zealot. A zealot eager to sacrifice myself and my goods for the benefit and salvation of others. I am not a consumer I am a child of God for the glory of God and the praise of Christ Jesus.

I will praise Him!

No comments: