Thursday, November 22, 2007

Reason to be thankful

1 Chronicles 17:11-14, "When your days are fulfilled to walk with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring after you, one of your own sons, and I will establish his kingdom. 12 He shall build a house for me, and I will establish his throne forever. 13 I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son. I will not take my steadfast love from him, as I took it from him who was before you, 14 but I will confirm him in my house and in my kingdom forever, and his throne shall be established forever."

Thank God the Father today for Jesus, God the Son. What David, Solomon, and all the kings could not be and failed to do Christ did to the extreme degree. Where human kings failed the God-man succeeded. God the Son was born as a human to do for humans what humans could not do. He fulfilled the law. He obeyed perfectly. He gave Himself as the spotless lamb. Jesus gives us eternal reasons to be thankful.

My Father, I thank You today for Your Son, my Savior. In praise of Jesus Christ I lift my voice to Your strong throne. Christ is my reason for thankfulness. He is my rock and strong tower. He is the one who shepherds me. He is my ransom and my redemption. He is my joy and my song. For Christ I give thanks.

In my wonderful Savior's name
Amen

No comments: