Monday, November 05, 2007

He held fast to the Lord

2 Kings 18:5-8 "He trusted in the Lord, the God of Israel, so that there was none like him among all the kings of Judah after him, nor among those who were before him. 6 For he held fast to the Lord. He did not depart from following him, but kept the commandments that the Lord commanded Moses. 7 And the Lord was with him; wherever he went out, he prospered. He rebelled against the king of Assyria and would not serve him. 8 He struck down the Philistines as far as Gaza and its territory, from watchtower to fortified city."

Father, make me like Hezekiah, strengthen my trust in You. I long to hold fast to Christ. Do not let me depart from following Him. May I keep Your commandments and honor You with my life. Be with me Father. Wherever I go, be my guide. Whatever I may it be useful for building Your kingdom. Give me wisdom as I turn from the things of this world. Give me strength as I engage in spiritual warfare. I want to be Your man. I want to be a man who leads, serves, and builds up my wife, my family, and my church. Help me God to honor You.

In Jesus' name
Amen

No comments: