Monday, August 20, 2007

An Amazing Lesson from Saul

Let me back track a bit-

1 Samuel 10:26&27, "Saul also went to his home at Gibeah, and with him went men of valor whose hearts God had touched. 27 But some worthless fellows said, 'How can this man save us?' And they despised him and brought him no present. But he held his peace."

1 Samuel 11:12&13, "Then the people said to Samuel, Who is it that said, ‘Shall Saul reign over us?’ Bring the men, that we may put them to death. 13 But Saul said, 'Not a man shall be put to death this day, for today the Lord has worked salvation in Israel.'

If worthless fellows mocked me, I saved them, and then was given the chance to exact revenge/judgment on them what would I do? Would I speak of my rights or would I speak of salvation? Saul had the opportunity to strike back and none would have thought the less of him but he held his hand.

Father, make me a man full of mercy. Make me a man who in wisdom and grace does not give what is deserved. May I be quick to hold my hand and hold my tongue. Give me Christ's grace so that I may have the wisdom to know what to do and what not to do. Father, I'm more concerned with my honor than Yours. Forgive me and straighten my priorities that they may reflect Yours.

In Christ
Amen

No comments: