Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A call for grace

Romans 11:33 Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! 34 “For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor?” 35 “Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?” 36 For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

In every attempt to understand or explain the work of God there must be humility. We truly see through a mirror dimly until the day when we are physically in the very presence of God. On matters that are clear and of 1st priority we must be dogmatic and gracious. Matters such as the eternal diety of the Trinity, the virgin birth/incarnation, substitutionary atonement, salvation by grace through faith, the physical resurrection of Christ, and the bodily return of Christ. I also believe we must unashamedly hold the inerrancy of Scripture in this group. On these we must not budge or compromise and on these we must not be vindictive or combative.

Too often we make enemies out of friends because they do not agree with us on the best bible translation or if the 2nd coming is before or after the tribulation. We agree on the fundamentals but because of a difference on secondary matters we want to slit throats. Where the bible is clear we must be clear. Where the bible does not speak in the plainest of terms we must not demand the drawing of terms of war.

Those of us who believe in and love salvation by grace do we truly know what grace is? Those who truly know what grace is are those who give grace.

Infinite Father, I don't know Your mind. In fact, I can't know Your mind. You are so much higher, better, smarter, stronger, and gracious than I am. I don't know Your every rationale but I know Your every move is good so I will trust. Because of Your power and goodness You have no need of my counsel and I have every need of Yours. Give me Your counsel. You owe me nothing and I owe You my life. Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord to Thee. Consecrate me by the blood of Jesus and by His righteousness. Everything is from You and everything is moving toward reconciliation in You. For this I trust You and praise You and submit to You. Do not let me break Your commands like Saul. Where I break Your commands bring conviction upon me quickly that I may way with You. Help me Father to give grace. Help me Father to know grace.

Give me Christ
Amen

No comments: