Thursday, August 16, 2007

God works all things for good

We know that for those who love God all things work together for good. So, let's be specific. How does God work for good Israel's sinful desire for a king?

1 Samuel 8:7, "And the Lord said to Samuel, “Obey the voice of the people in all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected me from being king over them."

Matthew 2:1&2 "Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the east came to Jerusalem, 2 saying, 'Where is he who has been born king of the Jews? For we saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.'”

John 19:19 "Pilate also wrote an inscription and put it on the cross. It read, 'Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews.'”

Revelation 19:16 "On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords."

We praise You, Christ our King. You are our Ruler, our Redeemer, and our King. You are full of strength and full of mercy. Your judgments are correct and infinitely wise. Your kingdom is one that cannot be defeated. You are my King. My Christ, I worship You and bow to serve You. Show me how to be useful in Your kingdom. Show me where to be useful in Your kingdom. I have no desire to remove Your power over me. My desire is to magnify Your power of me. Help me today to do that in my family, my job, and in all my life.

For my King
Amen

No comments: