Wednesday, August 29, 2007

And you are Christ's

So let no one boast in men. For all things are yours, whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future--all are yours, and you are Christ's and Christ is God's (1 Cor 3:21-23).

Our affections and our allegiances are far too small. We love so little and work so little precisely because we are focused on the little. David was afraid of Saul and it cost the priests of Nob their lives. David was afraid of Achish the king of Gath so he lied about his condition. In the church of Corinth the people were afraid of not being seen as important or spiritual so they all chose their champions. To understand this life and to live a fruitful life we must understand who we are in Christ. Because the Father is the creator and therefore owner of everything, because the Son belongs to the Father, and because we belong to Christ that means everything belongs to us. We are God's stewards called to exercise His sovereign goodness over everything. We are to be His ambassadors in every situation not trusting ourselves but trusting Him.

Father, help me today to understand and meditate on Your Word. Help me to do the hard work of memorizing Scripture that I might understand who I am in Christ. I don't want to be afraid of man, life, or death. I want to be useful to You in everything. Guide me oh thou great Jehovah, hither by Your help I come. Equip me and use me for the expansion of Your kingdom. Use me to lay the foundation of salvation in the lives of men and women. Use me to build on that foundation all the days of my life. Use me Father.

For Christ
Amen

No comments: