Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The Help that Comes from God

Acts 26:22 "To this day I have had the help that comes from God, and so I stand here testifying both to small and great, saying nothing but what the prophets and Moses said would come to pass: 23 that the Christ must suffer and that, by being the first to rise from the dead, he would proclaim light both to our people and to the Gentiles.”

Do you ever feel like God is calling you to do something you cannot do? Have you ever heard of a ministry opportunity and thought to yourself, "I would like to be a part but I don't have what it takes"? If you have thought these things then do not despair and certainly do not turn away from ministry. Instead, turn to God for the help that only He can provide. He gives strength. He gives wisdom. He gives endurance. He opens doors. He does through us what we could never do on our own. The next time an opportunity comes about, the next time you hear of a need, don't turn to yourself. Instead, turn to God and the help that comes from Him.

Father, help me today to rely on You. Help me to rely on You for today and for tomorrow. I don't want to live a wasted life worried about what I can and cannot do. I want to live a faithful life fully relying on You. Use me God to show others that You are faithful and strong. Use me to encourage Your church to not shrink back but to exercise faith. Show me the help that only You can provide.

Because Christ died for me
Amen

No comments: