Friday, February 02, 2007

Friday's prayer

Reading- http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/one.year.tract/

My Lord, forgive me because I am more like the sons of Jacob than I am like Jairus and the bleeding woman. I take matters in my hands and I do things my way. I fear and my fear leads me to disbelief. Father say to my soul, 'arise' and I will. Tell me not to fear and to believe and I will because I know You will give me the strength to obey Your commands. Your strength is not feeble but abundant. Father, say to my soul, 'arise' so that I would not shrink from the opportunities you give me. Give me boldness that I might not be like the people who begged You to leave and instead give me. Rather make me like the demon possessed man who went home and told his friends how much You had done for him and that You had mercy on Him. You have done so much for me. You have given me so much mercy. Give me, give your church, a passion for telling our friends how much you have done for us. Give us boldness to tell our families how valuable Christ our righteousness truly is. Through Him we pray.

Amen

No comments: