Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday's prayer

Monday's reading http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/one.year.tract/

Father, I praise you because what men do for evil You use for good. You did it with Joseph's brothers and You did it with Christ's crucifixion. Out of hatred we act trying to destroy life. I do heinous things and yet You are able to work them for good. Your wisdom is higher than my own! Your power is so much greater than my own; so much greater that man's greatest act of hatred is shaped into Your greatest act of love. Teach me to trust.

Teach me to forgive. Give me the heart of Christ displayed in the life of Joseph. Change me through Your gospel to the extent that I can weep with joy when reconciled with my enemies instead of striking back in anger. Change me so I look like Christ and therefore give You reason to delight in me.

Through my Savior, Your pleasure
Amen

No comments: