Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thursday's Prayer

Thursday's reading- http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/one.year.tract/

Lord, I feel today like the Hebrew people, I want Your blessings but I don't want to struggle. I want You to give me my heart's desire but I don't want You to change my heart's desire. I'm content making bricks for someone else even though You want to give me much greater things. Give me new eyes to pierce through the junk of my heart and the trash of this world. Give me new desires that cannot be fulfilled by stuff and acclaim. Help me see greater things. Help me see Jesus Christ who calms the storms, heals the sick, and raises the dead. Help me believe sowing the Gospel in all the world is the best calling a man can recieve. You taught Pharaoh, You caused the seed to sprout and bear fruit, and You healed a deep long standing problem so I know you can do great things through Your Son. Lord do great things in my life. Lord do great things in those around me. Lord, bear fruit in me.

For Christ
Amen

No comments: