Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tuesday's Prayer

Tuesday's reading http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/one.year.tract/

My Lord and my Provider, You are the one who resurrects the dead and gives us all that we need. The glorious work of Jesus Christ for me does all that I cannot do. It opens the way to You. He tore the curtain into the Holy of Holies. He was not held by the grave. He is what I must have. Lord, give me Jesus Christ. May I rejoice in Him more than Jacob rejoiced in seeing Joseph alive though once thought dead. May I trust in Christ's provisions like Jacob trusted in the provisions stored up by Joseph. Jacob did nothing to warrant a place to pasture his animals but it was given to him. Jacob did nothing to deserve grain for food but it was given to him. Lord I trust in Your generosity poured out through Jesus Christ. He is and gives all that I need. Help me to understand that every minute of every day.

Increase my capacity to worship You through Christ
Amen

No comments: