Saturday, February 10, 2007

Saturday's Prayer

Saturday's reading http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/one.year.tract/

My great Father, I praise You for Christ Your Son who is my righteousness. Thank You for being God and for the promise that I will one day see Christ in all his power and glory. Lord, I want to see it today. I want to no longer look upon my sin. I want to look upon Christ my righteousness. I want to no longer sleep and slumber. I want to stay awake. I want to be on guard.

Lord, the tribulation is coming. The signs seem to be increasing. The end of this age is closer today than when I first believed. I don't know when it's going to happen but You know. Though it will be terrible beyond my imagination I thank You that there will be grace even then. Grace that will guard Your chosen ones keeping the elect from being lead astray.

Father, teach me the Gospel. Teach me to love Jesus Christ. Teach me to put all pleasures in their right place and under the supremacy of Your Son. I want to love only what makes You more lovely. I want to desire only what makes my desire for You to grow. Teach Your church the gospel. Teach us Jesus Christ.

In His name
Amen

No comments: