Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tuesday's prayer

Tuesday's reading http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/one.year.tract/

Lord, what is obvious from Your Word is that I am not like You but I want to be. I want to be merciful and I want to be kind to the ungrateful and to the evil. I want to be like You. God You have made it crystal clear that what You want from me are things unnatural to me. I read and I feel how far away I am from Your standards. But that makes me praise Your Son because I know that were it not for Him I would be lost forever. Were it not for the gospel that removes my sins and gives me power to live righteously I would never be forgiven or righteous. Jesus Christ is my strong foundation. His gospel is my hope. Work in me Father. Show me who You are and where I need to be. I thank you for my Savior.

In Christ's name
Amen

No comments: