Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Wednesday's Prayer

Wednesday's reading- http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/one.year.tract/

Father, You have done great things! A woman advanced in years conceives. A virgin conceives. My Savior enters the world! Clearly nothing is impossible with You. Lord, turn my heart to the children. Turn my disobedience to the wisdom of the just. Your Gospel, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, does just that. In the Gospel You show me that the unlovable are greatly loved; I am greatly loved. Lord, by Your strength I can love the unlovable. In the Gospel You show me that the unchangeable are changed; I am changed. Lord, by Your strength others can change.

God You own me. Pharaoh owned all the people and Pharaoh owned all the land but his ownership was temporary. His ownership was for his advantage. Your ownership of me is for my advantage. By being a member of Your house I am given access to You. The people of Egypt didn't have that. Pharaoh didn't want that. You are infinitely greater than Pharaoh. You do great things. You do impossible things: You love me, You forgive me, and You fellowship with me. Praise God! Praise You!

In Christ alone
Amen

No comments: