Monday, February 26, 2007

Monday's Prayer

Monday's Reading- http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/one.year.tract/

Father, I thank You for Your church. I praise You for gathering a people, for calling a people, and for creating Your possession. Keep us focused on Christ. Keep us dependant on Christ. Fuel in us a hunger for Christ.

Lord, there are so many things that you call all of your children to be every day. Lord I am to be on guard against hypocrisy. I must be on guard against greed. I must be reconciled with those I have wronged. I must be ready for service. I must not worry about food or clothes. I must not fear men but must fear you.

Those who fear the word of the Lord will obey it. Even the Egyptian officials that feared your word obeyed. Give me a righteous fear of your truth. Life is about more than possessions. Life is about Jesus Christ. Direct my heart away from earthly treasures as I work. May I work for heavenly treasures. Stir my heart with Christ. Give me opportunity to acknowledge Christ before men. May I display the magnificence of Christ in all I do today and all my days.

For your glory
Amen

No comments: