Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wednesday's prayer

Wednesday's reading- http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/one.year.tract/

My God do not excuse me. My Father do not let me offer any reason why I should not join You today and for all eternity. The cost will be higher, greater than I can imagine. The people of Egypt paid a terrible price for not following You. I do not want to follow their example. I want to follow Christ's example. He counted the cost. He paid the price. He bore His cross. He loved You more than his family. He humbled himself. He is the bridegroom of the wedding feast. He never lost his flavor for changing the world.

Lord I praise You that You have given me Jesus Christ; undeserved but given freely. I thank You that by grace You give me Christ's righteousness. I thank You that by the power of the Spirit You make me more like Christ every day. Every day Your Spirit through Your Word makes me more eager to join the feast, more willing to pay the price, more willing to bear my cross, more willing to love You so much it makes my love for family look like hate, more willing to humble myself, and more willing to influence this world.

God you make me willing and able only because Christ was willing, able, and faithful. I worship You Almighty God, there is none like You!

AMEN!

No comments: