Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Be Holy Because God is Holy

Those words ring out again and again throughout the book of Leviticus, "You shall be holy to me, for I the Lord am holy."

In my honest moments I hear those words and my response is 'How?' How can I be holy like God? God you know I'm not holy like you how can you demand such a thing? Then God speaks to me through His Word:

Remember not the sins of my youth or my transgressions; according to your steadfast love remember me, for the sake of your goodness O Lord! Psalm 25:7

For your name's sake, O Lord, pardon my guilt, for it is great. Psalm 25:11

Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud; be gracious to me and answer me! You have said, "Seek my face." My heart says to you, "Your face, Lord, do I seek." Psalm 27:7&8

Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! Psalm 27:14

Father, my only hope of holiness, my only ground for righteousness is Jesus Christ my Lord. May I rest today in His holiness that makes me holy. May I rejoice today in his righteousness that makes me righteous. Show me your goodness. Give to me the satisfaction that only you can provide. May I walk with you and know you so that David's words will truly become my own:

One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple (Psalm 27:4)

Show me Christ and fill me up with Him
Amen

No comments: