Friday, April 20, 2007

Into Your Hand

If you missed the Scripture quoted by Christ on the cross in Psalm 31 please read it again. When verse 5 is seen on the lips of Christ as he suffered under the weight of my sin it enhances the meaning of the psalm even more.

My gracious Father, as Christ trusted in you may I trust in you. Deliver me according to Christ's righteousness. Show me your strength and stability. Show me that there is no better refuge in this life or the next than you. As the weekend approaches may I be faithful. Do not let me use rest as an excuse to neglect you. Do not let all the projects be a stumbling block that keeps me from your word and faithful prayer.

I trust in you, O Lord, my times are in your hand. You are my God. May your face shine upon me.
Amen

No comments: