Saturday, April 07, 2007

Saturday's Prayer

Father, your words are pure words; they are like the finest silver purified over and over again. You have given us words of life that guard us from death. And you have shown us plainly that you are righteous, you love righteous deeds, and the upright shall see your face. You have also shown us what happens to the unrighteous; men like Nadab and Abihu.

Lord, be sanctified in my life. May my eyes see you as holy, may my ears hear your holy words, and may my life be lived for your glory. Father, do not let me waste my life on what I think is best for you when I'm wrong. Correct me before my well intentioned mistake becomes fatal. Send men into my life who love you and have sanctified you in their lives. Send men who will encourage me, challenge me, and correct me.

Do not let me waste my life like Nadab and Abihu. Show me how to live that I might encourage others not to waste their lives. There are so many vain and empty pleasures that threaten to shipwreck my faith. Set Christ squarely in my center that all of life may be purposeful and ordered. Give me strong affections for Christ that I may sanctify you and glorify you in my life.

Give me Christ
Amen

No comments: